Re: gEDA-user: Any DIY USB Scope project on schedule? Or some recommmendation?

Em Ter 23 Nov 2004 11:10, Christian Frisson escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a audio-engineering student in need of a cheap portable 2-way scope
> that could travel with me easily. Instead of second-hand standard
> oscilloscopes and handheld advanced multimeters, the idea of a
> high-transfer-rate (neither serial nor parallel) peripheral that could be
> attached to a computer in order to use its screen and perfs seduced me. The
> latest DS1M12 "Stingray" from USB-Instruments
> (http://www.usb-instruments.com/), rated at 300€ circa, looks like a killer
> for what I need, and it ads tonegen and partial Linux-compliance. I'm not
> into HAM radio (at least FM synthesis), so the sampling specs seem to be
> suitable. When it comes to tube homebrewing, I think an X10 probe should
> enlarge the 0-50V span to 0-500V without damage.
>
> Before diving in, have I missed something particuliar that should make me
> turn away?
>
> Do you know if such a device has been turned into a DIY project? With
> COMEDI (http://www.comedi.org) and/or xoscope (http://xoscope.sf.net)
> compliance?
>
> Cheers,
> Christian Frisson

Very nice product. I am looking for a digital oscilloscope too, but those
instruments in Brazil costs to much. I am a little confused, this produtc
says it makes 20M samples per second, but have a analog bandwidth of 250k Hz.
What is the greatest (in frequency) signal I can measure with it? Someone
knows?