Re: gEDA-user: Re: Design changs required to mill PCBs?

Since engineering is just the balancing of cost and performance,
another way to look at this problem is to see that many many power supplies can be made with one layer plus ground plane boards -- 2 layer,
and RF boards need 4 or six layers,
and the rest need one layer,
and slant your design choices towards one layer.

I found how to import flat flex cable connectors
with 20 conductors for $0.50 in low quantities, (300), and they can be $0.20 in larger bus-as-usual quantities like 10K, and they open up connecting multiple small boards cheaply. So for my sensor network product plans, I'm using them to go between RF section and micro and A2D DAC and any other app-specific modules.

John G

DJ Delorie wrote:

Yeah, I'm just drooling.  I'm a tool junkie.

It makes $33, http://www.33each.com , look cheap

the winners so far for 4 layer
are (for 20 in2 m/s):

qty1 : pcbpool $104 ea (6mil/12drill)