Re: gEDA-user: Some gschem/ngspice problems

Hi John --

1) I cannot get the 'spice-model' element to work... It just doesn't
 get included when calling gnetlist (no complaints either). I wanted to
 include a simple model for a switch.

Hmmmm, sounds like a bug. This shoudl work. I'll look into it....

 Also, the gEDA/SPICE tutorial mentions 'model' and 'type' attributes
 which are not available on the standard attribute list (like value,
 netname etc). Do I have to include them manually?

Yes, it's a holdover from the days when one had to type in the attribute names by hand. Just type them in.

2) Another version of the circuit causes:

 Found unknown component.  Refdes = L1

 L1 is an inductor, shown correctly on the schematic, and included in the
 generated netlist as:

 L1 vlin vlout 180u

which I suppose is correct. Why the error message?

Is this in NGSpice?

What happens if you make the value 180uH?

Stuart