gEDA-user: TQFP footprint questions

   I'm trying to create a footprint for a Microchip signal controller.
   I'm having trouble locating the horizontal pins with respect to the
   vertical pins.  The datasheet gives dimensions for chip width and
   height, pinwidth and pin pitch.  It doesn't give the distance from
   chip edge to were the first pin from the edge.
   Am I right in thinking I should multiply the pin width by the number
   of pins on that side, then add to that the sum of space between each
   pin (which I see as the pitch minus the pin width), subtract that
   total from the chip length on that side and divide that value by 2 to
   get the space from the chip edge to the first from the edge.
   I was going to attach the datasheet but it is too large.
   Thanks so much,
   Rob