gEDA-user: gEDA for terminal strip layout?

Hi,

I'm new to the electronic circuit design world and just went through
the gschem and pcb tutorial on seul.org.  In my case, however, the
output is not a PCB, but a terminal strip using DIN rail components;
e.g. connector blocks from Phoenix Contact
(http://www.phoenixcontact.ca/)

My dilemma is: for design purposes I'd like to create a nice simple
circuit diagram of the kind created by pschem; however, for actually
building the device I need a second diagram showing the terminal blocks
and connections between them.  I'm leery of maintaining two separate
diagrams and would like to have the second generated semi-automatically
from the first, much like the PCB layout is generated from the schematic.

I was wondering whether anyone has ideas about this or experience to
share.

If this is not possible, my fallback plan is to give up on a simple
circuit diagram and use gschem to create a diagram showing the
terminal blocks themselves.  Has anyone done this?  I didn't see any
blocks in the device library, but it should be possible to create
simple rectangular items to represent them.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
-Steve