Re: gEDA-user: gEDA for terminal strip layout?

Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> My dilemma is: for design purposes I'd like to create a nice simple
> circuit diagram of the kind created by pschem; however, for actually
> building the device I need a second diagram showing the terminal blocks
> and connections between them.  I'm leery of maintaining two separate
> diagrams and would like to have the second generated semi-automatically
> from the first,

I thought about this and maybe a two schematic, one netlist approach without any special "shorting"
between symbol pins could work like this:

One schematic has no terminal blocks, has netnames attached
to wires in one place, or to create between page connections.

	Component symbol pins are individual
	and represent one electrical connection net.

	Components could create conductive paths in real operation, but
	defining that is not covered by the schematic or symbols.

The other schematic includes the terminal blocks, (which do not create netlist connections),
	and has netnames attached in multiple locations so as to create netlist connections
	between pages and also between halves of conducting terminal block terminals.

The netlists of the two versions will be the same sets except for the addition of the terminal block pins.
	Two terminal block pins will be on every net that goes through one.  More pairs of terminal block terminals
	will be on a net with a wire connection on one side of the terminal block symbol.

By running the gnetlist on each, then a script that removes the pins for the terminal blocks, (match TB-?? for instance)
you could check for exact match of the netlists functionally.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX