gEDA-user: pcb, next mm issue

Generally I am using mm grid units in pcb, because most of my elements
have mm spacing, i.e. FPGA 0.5mm.

I have noticed that pcb does not connect adjoining diagonal line
segments (traces) very well -- sometimes pieces of traces on same
diagonal are joined to one large trace, but often they are not joined,
so short selectable pieces remain. This is not a big problem, but I
assume this makes pcb- and gerber files larger ...

It was my assumption that this may be related to rounding, because pcb
program has to "see" that adjoining traces have same direction.

Indeed, with mil grid units segments are joined to one larger trace
perfectly. Tested with 0.1mm and 5mil grid size.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski