gEDA-user: How to make a symbol short two nets was: (gEDA for terminal strip layout?)

Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> My dilemma is: for design purposes I'd like to create a nice simple
> circuit diagram of the kind created by pschem; however, for actually
> building the device I need a second diagram showing the terminal blocks
> and connections between them.  I'm leery of maintaining two separate
> diagrams and would like to have the second generated semi-automatically
> from the first, much like the PCB layout is generated from the schematic.

Sounds like you want to recheck the second schematic against the first netlist
so no connection errors are made by having two schematics and netlists?

If that sounds right, I think of making symbols that have pins repeated for each case of
them being a buss bar inside.

I am unaware of a mechanism to create a connection in the netlist by putting a symbol down.
For instance, if you use symbol to represent a terminal block with two
screw sockets and thick copper between them, assign that only one pin number, or only one pinlabel,
it still does not connect them in the generated netlist.

Anyone know a way to make a symbol create a connection?  That is to say, put down a symbol with two
pins so the netlist has the pins required to connect to for checking purposes, yet they are shorted together
and only generate one named net in th netlist?

I experimented with making pin number the same and got a netlist with separate nets and likewise if I made pinlabel the same
on two pins.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX