Re: gEDA-user: pcb, howto partition power planes?

>> I typically deal with this by separating the planes at the schematic
>> level using a bead-core inductor.

> Yes, I also have GND and AGND in my schematics.

Don't put inductors between ground planes, connect them at a star
point. If you are going to use inductors then have them on the power
side, not between grounds.

> How do I best divide a copper area (physically) into subsections with
> complicated shape/outline.

Is there a good way to do this with PCB? It would be relatively easy
if planes could be handled as negatives, i.e. everything you see is
NOT there. Then it is just a matter of moving a line.