Re: gEDA-user: pcb, howto partition power planes?

I agree with Niel, I separate my ground planes with a symbol for a power
inductor. I do this at the schematic level and then I read the layout
suggestions typically provided by the A/D data sheet on where to connect
the planes. For the fab I put in the power inductor foot print. You can
then use the power inductor or not. You can leave it open or you can
short it.

I also do similar activities for power supplies separating the board
power from board sections. Makes it very easy to debug the board from
one section to the next.

Steve Meier