Re: gEDA-user: pcb, howto partition power planes?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:47:52 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:

>>  * Draw lines on copper with zero thickness but finite clearance.
>>
> Does this really result in legal Gerber files -- would be not so nice if
> a few manufacturers can not handle it.

I didn't check the Gerber specs. My favorite fab (Basista) did not
complain when I started to (miss) use this feature. They just rendered it
like pcb and gerbv showed on the screen.

>> If you want to completely dissect a polygon:
>>
>>  * Divide the polygon with thin tracks.  Parts will render invisible.
>>
>>  * Let the mouse hover over the visible part of the polygon. Use the
>>    command MorphPolygon(Object) to make each snippet a polygon on its
>>    own.
>>    Alternatively you can select the polygon and apply the variant
>>    MorphPolygon(Selected)

Note to Peter Clifton:
There is a quirk in the Cairo enabled version. It does the morphing
action and removes the old polygon. But it fails to automatically draw
the newly produced polygons. I had to resort to the save-and-revert trick
to get the new polygons on the screen.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211