Re: gEDA-user: pcb, howto partition power planes?

I won't argue this point. I will refer every one to an Analog Device
publication "High Speed System Applications" copyright 2006 ISBN-10:
1-56619-909-3  or ISBN-13: 978-1-56619-909-4

In particular if you get a copy of this book (and they gave me mine)
look at pages 4.15 and 4.16

There AD recommends connecting both of the A/D grounds "digital" and
"analog" to the analog ground plane "this is because it causes less
problems for the relatively small amount of digital return current to be
returned through the analog ground than it would to connect the
converter to the much noisy digital ground.

There is a lot more talked about then just that one blurb.

Steve Meier