Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

> Isn't that whole outside perimeter plane GND?

Yeah, but I usually try to keep the caps closer to the ground pins as
well as the vdd pins.  A lot of the chips I usually deal with (like
the R8C) have the power pins near each other so you can bypass right
at the chip.

> > Nope.  It's inside a metal box with all the circuit breakers.
>
> That makes it pretty safe. But I did have a situation at a client where
> this wasn't enough. Cell phone noise made it in via the cables.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I need to worry about that.  The current sensors
are 100% differential, the digital signals are slow compared to the
pcb size and have series resistors, and I'm only using this for
personal benefit.  But then again, I'm also doing one hand-made
prototype first ;-)

> > The two *.sch I posted are all there is; I have a Makefile that just
> > renames the one channel to the other fifteen of them.
>
> That's cheating :-)

No, that's *scripting* :-)

I even have a PCB script to copy all 16 of the layout blocks to a
blank board, but now that it's almost done, it's easier to make 16
changes manually.