Re: gEDA-user: powermeter board, with less ground planes :-)

> Traces from the pin to be decoupled (bypassed) to teh cap should be as
> short as possible and as fat as possible. Nothing wrong with making a
> small plane out of that because it provides a small additional "courtesy
> capacitance", for free, to the ground plane below.

Comparison: http://www.delorie.com/electronics/powermeter/bypass-1.png

The top is the "new" way, the bottom is the "old" way.

I thought about adding a rectangle of copper under U30 tied to AVdd to
act as a tiny cap, but I calculated it was only 0.2pF.  Maybe I'll use
the space to add a big fat GND trace instead.