Re: gEDA-user: Where do "models" or ".cir" files live?

Ummm, were these models distributed with gEDA? I don't think so . . . . The only SPICE models we have distributed are
associated with some of my examples in the doc/examples directory.

Generally, SPICE models of various components are vendor proprietary.
They give them away on the web for free, but I don't think you're
really supposed to redistribute them in the same spirit as GNU
software.

Check the models and see if there are any copyright statements in
them.  Likely there are.  IN that case, we have no business
distributing them with the rest of gEDA unless we get some kind of
wavier from the companies which created them.

Stuart