gEDA-user: first 01005!

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/first.html

Those are 0.2mm (7.8 mil) traces, too.  The hardest parts were (1)
getting the right amount of solder on it, and (2) holding it in place.
It's a little off-center (er, by a few mils ;), but it's soldered in!

Solder: I pre-tinned it.  I tried removing most with copper braid, but
it removed too much.  What I ended up doing was wetting it, then
dragging the solder away to some other location, and hitting *that*
with the braid.  That left a small film left on the pads.

Holding: I place the part with needle-tip tweezers.  What worked to
hold it was to use a square toothpick, with one of the flat sides (not
the tips!) held first against the edge of the board, then lowered onto
the cap.  The cap doesn't twitch that way, and you can press on the
toothpick to hold it in place long enough to heat the solder all the
way to the cap.

Proof: the cap measures 12.76 nF on my meter :-)  (it's a 0.01uF cap)

Oh, a thin film of flux makes the board sticky enough to hold the cap
in place, too.

FYI this is the second cap I tried; the first had its end cap broken
off.  They're delicate when heated, esp when you're trying to
reposition them at the same time as you heat the solder - you have to
push at exactly the right time.

I think it's upside down, though :-P

DJ