gEDA-user: panelization tools

I added two perl scripts (and a helper file) to
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/

You can merge the helper file into panel2pcb if you want, or just put
it in the same directory as panel2pcb.  I have a couple other scripts
that use it, which is why it's separate.

The first, pcb2panel, reads multiple pcb files and produces a single
pcb with one synthesized element for each input pcb.  The elements
have a silk outline the same size as the input board outlines, and a
name that matches the pcb file name.

You edit this outline board, changing the board size and rearranging
the elements (boards) as desired, including copying, rotating, etc.
Build your panel as you see fit.

Now, the second script reads the locations of these elements (boards)
in that outline board, and produces a pcb script (which it runs) that
merges the original boards into one panel according to the layout in
the outline board you just edited.

If you don't change the input board sizes, you can re-run the second
script as often as desired to merge in changes in the input boards
into the panel.

And yes, this is a result of my work today.  I rearranged those three
boards a lot trying to get a design that "worked".  The paper I used
seems to like borders so it can stick them down around each board to
protect the toner therein until the water releases it.

DJ