Re: gEDA-user: Creating SMT element in PCB

> <sigh> I was hoping there was some arcane command that could convert
> the pads into something the program would understand.  It sure would
> be cool if you could create pads using the rectangle tool.

Yeah, that would be cool.  However, rectangles are just one
simplification of polygons; they're stored as four-point polys
internally.  How do we convert an arbitrary polygon?  We can't,
really.  And when you convert back to parts (break up the element), do
you use lines or rectangles?

Not insurmountable problems, but reasons why we went with the easy
options ;-)