Re: gEDA-user: Milling channels in a PCB?

DJ Delorie wrote:
* How do I capture this information so a PCB fab house can use it?

Use a layer.  Note that fab shops have limited sizes for milling
tools; usually 3/32, 1/16, and 1/32 inch (93, 62, and 31 mil).
Anyway, draw in the layer where you want milled, and when you send it
to the fab shop, TALK to them and explain what you want.  Also put it
in the README.  They'll program their mill-route machines to do what
you want.

Be sure that you are clear about the type of milling. For example, a common thing is to mill a "V" groove into a panel. Then the panel is taken apart at the assembly house with something that looks basically like a pizza cutter. I'm not sure if you're looking for that or a flat bottomed milling.

I'm curious about the purpose for your milling.  Are you free to say why?

-Dan