Re: gEDA-user: challenge board ALMOST works

Hi DJ,

On Sunday 17 September 2006 23:18, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > When I'm using 7414 as oszillator I usually use the third circuit.
> > This only works with IC's that have schmitt-trigger inputs.
>
> The board with this oscillator does the same thing :-(
> (but much faster; 2.2 kHz instead of 400 Hz)
>
> I suppose I could put one of each oscillator on the board.  They
> wouldn't lock, but you wouldn't be able to see the LEDs flashing
> either, they'd be too fast.

Mmmmh, have you tried to change one oszillator slightly. If they have
very close frequencies (when running alone) like 2.2001kHz and 2.2kHz
then its more likely that they will lock.

If you change one capacitor (by putting a small capacitor parallel) then
you could increase the distance, and the two oscillators might not
lock.

The question is, which frequency difference is really required to
prevent the locking.

Regards
Werner