From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Stuart Brorson
Sent: Sat 9/23/2006 1:36 PM
To: gEDA user mailing list
Subject: RE: gEDA-user: CD driver permissions so GEDA can install

Do this:

cd /
ls

Then look for a directory called /MEDIA or /media or something like
that.

Somewhere attached to your root directory is a directory onto which
you are supposed to mount dismountable media, like floppies and CDs.
It is typically named /media or /MEDIA or something like that.  (John's
suggest to look for /mnt refers to another common mount point.)

When you locate the the /media (or whatever) directory, cd into it and
do ls.  You should see the mount point for your CD ROM.  Then mount
the CD there and try the installer,

Stuart

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Schulmeyer, K wrote:

> when I look in my /mnt directory there is nothing in there.
>
> Kyle

> On 9/23/06, Schulmeyer, K <k.schulmeyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ok, did what you said and when I try the mount command I get
>> "mount: mount point /media/cdrom does not exist"
>>

> Check your filesystem for a directory called /mnt/cd or /mnt/cdrom etc.
> and mount there instead.
>
> (* jcl *)
>
> --
> http://www.luciani.org <http://www.luciani.org/>  <http://www.luciani.org/>