Re: gEDA-user: Gerbv-2.0.1 for Windows released, but not working!

Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Just following up on my own thoughts....
>
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Rick Collins wrote:
>> Is there a working version of Gerbv 2.0x for Windows?
>
> Here's an experiment you can try to help out the gerbv team:
>
> Try installing gerbv-2.0.1 on several Windows machines with different
> video chipsets.   Then run gerbv and switch to "normal" rendering
> mode.  Then see which run at normal speed, and which are dog-slow.
> Then post to this list the chipsets each machine has and also whether
> the speed was normal or unacceptably slow.
>
> We'd very much appreciate it, since it would allow us to gather some
> data on the speed problem.

And then try again when 2.1.0 is out which will be quite soon.  There
were some issues with gerbv-2.0.x crashing under windows.  That seems to
have been fixed.  As far as speed I'm hopeful the build for 2.1.0 will
be much better.  It will be using a much newer version of cairo which
hopefully helps.  I expect that the windows binary will follow a day or
two after the source release.

-Dan