Re: gEDA-user: Gerbv-2.0.1 for Windows released, but not working!

> I also can't seem to find any documentation on this program.  I would like to
> read up on what features are supported and how they operate.  I am having
> trouble doing anything other than just looking at Gerber files.  Even printing
> doesn't seem to work well.

There is no documentation.  The man page is probably several years out
of date.

Please tell us specifically what you want to do and we can try to give
you some instructions.

Gerbv is designed and built for Linux and other unix platforms.  The
Windows port is possible only because some of the associated libraries
have been ported to Windows.  However, since all the libraries and the
basic functions in gerbv assume things work in the unix way, you'll
probably experience a number of teething problems.

If you're willing to be patient and provide bug reports, then I am
sure Dan will poke away at fixing the bugs you find.  This would be a
win-win for everybody, since we'd be able to iron out the wrinkles in
the Windows version.

Alternately, if you really want to use gerbv without fiddling around,
get yourself a Linux box and run it there.

Cheers,

Stuart