Re: gEDA-user: Schematics for plain PC-based Digital Storage Oscilloscope

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 20:06:21 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> http://www.ssalewski.de/DAD.html.en

Wow, this is ambitious! :-)
An open sourced DSO would be a feat.
Is there anyone else involved in the project?
I didn't see a LCD in the schematic. How will the traces be shown? On the
desktop via USB?

> It's not very useful in its current state, but at least it's an example
> of how my symbols from my area at gedasymbols look.

It's always interesting to see other peoples style of schematics. Your
symbols seem to be larger  than mine when compared to text size. There
seems to be no formal master sheet. Is there a reason why you did not do
a hierarchical design?

> It was much fun drawing it with gschem -- I hope making the layout with
> pcb will be fun too.

I did my last layouts with the cairo enabled pcb version of Peter Clifton.
This makes pcb a lot faster if you have OpenGL activated on your desktop.
The difference is impressive when it comes to polygons. Plus, you can see
through semi transparent tracks and pads.

---<(kaimartin)>---

PS: Do you happen to know Kai Bongs?
--
Kai-Martin Knaak