Re: gEDA-user: symbol attributes

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 19:41 +0200, Levente Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I created a symbol with two attributes attached. When I place that
> symbol on my schematic, only one of them is listed in the attribute
> editor (with the ee command).
>
> How can I make gschem to copy all attributes along the symbol as it
> places it?

Only certain invisible attributes are promoted. This list is in the
gafrc file, for example, my system-gafrc:

; always-promote-attributes
;
; Set the list of attributes that are always promoted regardless of
; their visibility.
;
(always-promote-attributes "footprint device value model-name")

I haven't got the code up right now, and can't quite remember, but I
think all visible floating attributes are promoted by default. Only the
invisible ones listed in the above directive are promoted unless you
enable the following:

; promote-invisible string
;
; If attribute-promotion is enabled, then this controls if invisible floating
; attributes are promoted (attached to the outside of the component) if the
; text string is invisible.  There are cases where it is undesirable, so the
; default is disabled.
;
;(promote-invisible "enabled")
(promote-invisible "disabled")