Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Save Buffer to File

Thanks a lot, this may all be very helpful.

I did a hierachical schematic, and an sed one-liner was enough to map
the netlist to the copies of a replicated part of the layout.

The point was, that I made that part embedded in the bigger layout,
then copied it into the buffer and tried to save it into a file, so
that I can run that sed one-liner on it.  Since this almost works,
maybe it is not a big step to make it fully work.

For an ignorant user like myself your fancy scripts are not easily
discoverable.  Modifying PCB layout files with sed, awk, gnumeric
... are easily discoverable procedures :-)

And I got the job done just fine.  I just discovered that an action to
save the Buffer into a layout file may be convenient.

Thanks for all the code.

Stephan