Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Save Buffer to File

John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> For an ignorant user like myself your fancy scripts are not easily
>> discoverable.  Modifying PCB layout files with sed, awk, gnumeric
>> ... are easily discoverable procedures :-)
>
> How did you use gnumeric -- awk some commas into the pcb file contents
> first?

:-)

When I made boards for your RAD instrument with complicated round
shapes, I used gnumeric to compute the coordinates of all the arcs and
vias, formatted the gnumeric page in PCB syntax, then cut'n'paste into
the layout file.

  http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/msl/eda/RADF.gnumeric
  http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/msl/eda/RADF.pcb

:-(

Btw, that layout file does not open properly in recent versions of
PCB.  The ground planes do not show up, and I get

Error while clipping PBO_SUB: 3
Error while clipping PBO_SUB: 3

I was using:

This is PCB, an interactive
printed circuit board editor
version 20060822

Compiled on Sep 26 2007 at 16:12:23

:-)

The flight model will be delivered to NASA later this year.

Cheers, Stephan