Re: gEDA-user: a pcb level panelizer tool

"Bert Timmerman" <bert.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> <you wrote>
> It's not a back-annotate.  When I have N copies of a module, I only design
> the first, and make N-1 copies of it with different refdes numbers.  All
> page-renumber does is make a copy of a schematic page but with different
> refdes numbers.

I made a hierarchical schematic, so I got A1/R2 A2/R2 A3/R2 ..., no
need to renumber schematic pages.

> The RenumberBlock() plugin does the same for a layout - I lay out the first
> module, then copy it N-1 times with different numbers.  As long as the PCB
> renumber and the SCH renumber match, everything works.
> </you wrote>

A script to rename the hierachical prefix of all parts names in the
block (buffer?) would be what I'd need.  A1/* -> A2/*

Saving a copy of the block into a file, doing the renumber with sed,
and importing the resulting copies was what I did.

Saving the block from the buffer was what I could not figure out how
to do, instead I deleted everything else, and "saved as" a new name.
Then I failed to delete the netlist from the block which also got
"renumbered" and some minor problems resulted....

Cheers
Stephan

> I guess there is no guarantee of a match of the renumbering of both renumber
> tools ?
>
> YMMV ;-)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bert Timmerman.

Stephan Böttcher                     FAX: +49-431-880-3968
Extraterrestrische Physik            Tel: +49-431-880-2508
I.f.Exp.u.Angew.Physik               mailto:boettcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leibnizstr. 11, 24118 Kiel, Germany