Re: gEDA-user: API documentation for writing a PCB plugin ?

> What I have not yet found is any formal API documentation for the
> plugin architecture.

There isn't one.  We just dynamically load whatever we find.  As long
as your plugin uses the same registration features that others use,
and has a "main" function called pcb_plugin_init(), it can call any
function it finds in any pcb header.

> Does any such documentation exist or is it a case of starting by
> examining the source code of the existing plugins?

Start by reading some of the simple ones, like my findrat.

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/findrat.c