Re: gEDA-user: API documentation for writing a PCB plugin ?

On 18/09/2008, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > Does any such documentation exist or is it a case of starting by
>  > examining the source code of the existing plugins?
>
> Start by reading some of the simple ones, like my findrat.
>
>  http://www.delorie.com/pcb/findrat.c

Thank you.

If I go down the plugin route, I'll start there.

It may be worthwhile adding some paragraphs to the PCB manual pointing
out that this facility exists, because this basically _is_ a full
scripting capability, even if it is at the low-level programmer
instead of high-level end-user level, and as a programmer, I don't
have a problem with having to write scripts in C instead of another
language if I have to.

If I had known this facility existed when I started looking at Kicad
and geda a couple of months ago, it would have affected my evaluation
priorities when deciding which one to use.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley
simon.clubley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx