Re: gEDA-user: Deformed undesired tiny square

> In the File menu I cannot find any "Reload".

Sorry, "Revert".

> I try with a couple of relatively small jpgs. The misterious square
> is beside CONN3 on the right in the first screenshot - why now the
> GND solder layer is shown in lime colour?! - and outside the
> footprint area on the right in the second screenshot.

The square (black hollow diamond) is the "mark" used to identify the
origin of each element.  Normally it's on pin 1 or the centroid of the
element, but it can be put anywhere.

The lime color is the "found" color used by the F key and a few other
actions.