Re: gEDA-user: How to split one large PCB into two smaller ones

> Can someone give a more detailed description or a pointer to it?
>
> In the past I have only routed gsch2pcb generated boards, without
> inserting additional footprints or rat lines.

That's all I did.  Include all schematics in gsch2pcb, name the
signals differently for the two sides of the connector.  If you
accidentally leave a signal named the same, you get a rat crossing the
boundary.

Note that this may not work for you if you have things like GND or
VDD, because those will be the same on both boards :-(

I suppose if you *did* have the nets the same, as long as the closest
points between boards *are* the connectors, you can use a spare copper
layer to connect the connectors together (assuming they're
through-hole).  Any remaining rats would then be connections that
don't have connector pins.

It would be interesting to ponder the idea of PCB knowing that two
connectors will be "connected" in real life, and letting the path
following go through them.