Re: gEDA-user: How to split one large PCB into two smaller ones

On Saturday 20 September 2008 08:30:15 am DJ Delorie wrote:

> It would be interesting to ponder the idea of PCB knowing that two
> connectors will be "connected" in real life, and letting the path
> following go through them.

It would be a useful feature if PCB could warn you
that you mirrored a connector.  Male and Female
connector pin numbers don't necessarily mate
correctly.  Unless you really do want to put
one of them on the bottom of the board. :-(

I think a feature like this might just require PCB
to have some superluminal intelligence, unless
you really are doing both boards as one big
PCB.  To avoid such an intelligence issue PCB
would have to some how hold the state
of the two different PCB projects.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/