Re: gEDA-user: [OT] MIT Flea

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:50 AM, David C. Kerber <dkerber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Keep in mind that embedding the nuts in the concrete tunnel wall so that they were in the correct spot to hang the panels from would be VERY labor-intensive.  What I really don't understand is why the suspended panels needed to be concrete at all?  Wouldn't something much lighter like fiberglass work just as well?

IIRC these were originally specified as aluminum panels but were changed to concrete  for cost savings.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org