Re: gEDA-user: [OT] MIT Flea

Is there a reason that this is being discussed in this mailing list?

It is hard to keep up with all the mailing lists I subscribe to.  Stuff like this tends to push readers to remove themselves from the list.

Can we keep the signal to noise down as much as possible?

Rick

At 07:50 AM 9/23/2008, you wrote:

> [...]

Keep in mind that embedding the nuts in the concrete tunnel wall so that they were in the correct spot to hang the panels from would be VERY labor-intensive.  What I really don't understand is why the suspended panels needed to be concrete at all?  Wouldn't something much lighter like fiberglass work just as well?

The hell of it is, that if they had used the correct epoxy, the "gluing" process would have been perfectly acceptable for this application.  The reason the panels were pulling out what that the installer used the wrong epoxy, not because they were epoxied instead of bolted.

Specializing in DSP and FPGA design      URL http://www.arius.com
4 King Ave                               301-682-7772 Voice
Frederick, MD 21701-3110