Re: gEDA-user: Free router support?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> But maybe the new pcb router of Anthony Blake is the better, really free
> way.

Yes, I'm still working on the autorouter. The algorithms in the
autorouter I implemented for the summer of code give great solutions to
some problems, but they really fail on others. So unfortunately, the
autorouter isn't really usable on real world boards just yet.

To address some of these issues, I'm trying some new algorithms. The
main problem is the commitment to a certain topology early on, so I'm
implementing a sort of tentative pre-route to guide the layer assignment
and net ordering, before the actual routing.

Unforuntately I haven't had much time in the last few weeks as I've been
catching up with school work, finding a new house, and I've had the
flu.. =(

Hopefully I should have some results with the new algorithms in the next
few weeks..

Cheers,
Anthony