Re: gEDA-user: oblong via pads

tj wrote:
> I was wondering is it possible to have oblong visa instead of just round
> visa? They would be especially better when making heat transfer boards
> and hand soldering.

You can make a line with same width and set it to join to a via placed
on it.  Then you can copy that to a buffer and place it.

If you are thinking of footprints, it can be done by adding a pad to a
pin, (via), and numbering them the same.

If you are thinking of the default vias placed when changing from one
layer to another by hand or using an autorouter,  That's not implemented.

John Griessen