Re: gEDA-user: oblong via pads

> I was wondering is it possible to have oblong visa instead of just round
> visa? They would be especially better when making heat transfer boards
> and hand soldering.

TJ

You can make this as a footprint, but not as a native PCB via.  To do it,
you'd add a pin (the via), an SMT pad with rounded corners of the size you
want, and set the mask clearance so that your vias will still get masked
over.  It should work.  This would be a footprint, not a via, though.

Usually vias aren't soldered to ...

There are a lot of components you have to do this for when making
footprints since the pins are too close together to have respectable,
strong annuli around.

phil