Re: gEDA-user: Ground flooding and DRC

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:49:45 +0200, David Kuehling wrote:

> Unfortunately, flooding 0603 components results in a thin
> copper "hair" in between the pads, that is less than 6 mil and thus
> violates design rules.

My preferred pcb fab (basista) does not complain about copper hairs. They
just don't guarantee, that the copper snippets will be  present in the
actual board.

Anyway, I tend to avoid these copper hairs. Usually, I increase the
polygon clearance with the k-key until the hair is gone. If a generic
footprint bugs you, you may produce a modified copy and use this one
instead. For an existing board an ascii search and replace on the *.pcb
file might be an option.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak