Re: [gftp] Not seeing all files and directories in gftp 2.0.17

Le Lun 05/04/2004 à 12:53, Brian Masney a écrit :

> As far as I know, the problem that was in 2.0.15/2.0.16 has been fixed. It was
> triggered when you have a symlink that points to a non-existent file. Does gftp
> do this will all directories on your machine or just a few?

all directories but not all files

> After you connect to
> the FTP server and you have an incomplete directory listing, pull up a terminal
> window while gftp is running and edit the ~/.gftp/cache/index.db and there will
> be one line for each site that you connected to this session. At the end of the
> line there will be a cache.XXXXXX file. Look in this file and confirm that the
> files are not being shown there.

yep  : in this file, I only can see the files I see in gftp ...

>  Also, are you getting any warning messages
> about not being able to parse some directory entries in the log window?

yes also : in the log window I can see lines like this :

(...)
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-r--r--  1 anselme
anselme      6 Dec 22 13:37 .logout
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-------  1 anselme
anselme    301 Dec 22 14:12 .mail_aliases
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-r--r--  1 anselme
anselme    267 Dec 22 14:12 .mailrc
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-r--r--  1 anselme
anselme    734 Dec 22 14:12 .profile
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-------  1 anselme
anselme    212 Dec 22 14:12 .rhosts
Attention : ne peut analyser le listing -rw-r--r--  1 anselme
anselme    790 Dec 22 14:12 .shrc
(...)

well, it is in french but it means something like :
Warning : can't parse the listing -rw-r--r-- 1 anselme anselme 790 Dec

same problem if the rigths are 777 and it doesnot depend neither on the
date : here all file are from december but sometimes it hides files from
january, february ...

??

--
Anselme Lapinot :)