[gftp] Re: proxy support for SSH transfers

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:06:20PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is proxy (SOCKS, HTTP, or both) support planned for SSH transfers
> someday in the future?

Not at the moment. The HTTP proxy server would have to know how to speak the
SSH/sftp protocol to the remote server. I'm not aware of a proxy server
that knows how to do this.

> SOCKS proxy support would be useful also for HTTP and FTP transfers.

I believe that you can use Dante (http://www.inet.no/dante/) to connect
to a SOCKS proxy server. You can setup your LD_PRELOAD environment variable
and then all of your applications will work through the proxy server
transparently.

Brian