Re: [gftp] SCP support in gFTP ?

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 03:04:45PM +0100, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see SSH2 support within gFTP, but it uses sftp as the underlying
> transferprotocol. Is there a way to tell gFTP to just use scp? This way,
> even machines that only have an ssh server w/o sftp could be used to
> transfer files...
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi@libertysurf.fr>

I would consider adding this feature, but in order to do directory listings
and to do other operations gftp would have to spawn a shell on the remote server
to do this. Then it would have to worry about users' shell and shell prompts. It
would be entirely too messy to do this. By using sftp-server I don't have to
worry about any of this.

Brian

P.S. I do know that transferring a file over scp is faster than using sftp. I
need to look at the latest draft RFC and see if any changes were made to the
sftp file transfers.