Re: [gftp] Settings question

See http://www.gftp.org/faq.html and that will explain how to fix that message
you are seeing. Also, if you aren't using version 2.0.16, I would suggest
upgrading to that version. It will give you more informative error messages.

You want the '-e none' option. If you transfer a file that has the escape
sequences listed below, you will run into problems.

From manpage of ssh(1):

     A single tilde character can be sent as ~~ or by following the tilde by a
character other than those described below.  The escape
     character must always follow a newline to be interpreted as special.  The
escape character can be changed in configuration files
     using the EscapeChar configuration directive or on the command line by the
-e option.

     The supported escapes (assuming the default '~') are:

     ~.      Disconnect

     ~^Z     Background ssh

     ~#      List forwarded connections

     ~&      Background ssh at logout when waiting for forwarded connection /
X11 sessions to terminate

     ~?      Display a list of escape characters

     ~C      Open command line (only useful for adding port forwardings using
the -L and -R options)

     ~R      Request rekeying of the connection (only useful for SSH protocol
version 2 and if the peer supports it)

Brian