[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[gftp] gFTP >= 2.0.15 not showing all files
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [gftp] gFTP >= 2.0.15 not showing all files
- From: "Chuck R. Bell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:20:55 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:21:17 -0500
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040117
I'm seeing an insidious bug with gFTP 2.0.15 and 2.0.16. It seems to be
reproducible, but I'd appreciate it if anyone else here can verify this
problem on their computer.
It seems that on some FTP sites the files list is not showing files
dated later than Dec 2003 but only with gFTP 2.0.15 and later. gFTP
2.0.14 shows all the files.
Here's an example:
With gFTP 2.0.16, login anonymous to ftp.sourceforge.net
/pub/sourceforge/dropline-gnome and you should see a rather long list
Sort them by date and, if you see what I see, the latest file listed is
dated Dec 3, 2003.
With gFTP 2.0.14, there are a whole bunch of files for Jan and Feb 2004
that do not show up with gFTP 2.0.15 and later. Apparently files for
2004 just aren't showing up!
I've tried clearing the cache in gFTP, removing the ~/.gftp directory
and letting it get re-created, uninstalled and reinstalled gFTP, removed
all files in my /tmp directory, and this problem still persists. I had a
friend of mine running gFTP 2.0.15 try this and he sees the same problem.
Incidentally, I'm running Slackware -current (9.1x).
Any help much appreciated. This kinda shakes my confidence in gFTP-2.0.16!