[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[gftp] gFTP: 2.0.17 has been released
I am pleased to announce the availability of gFTP 2.0.17. Here is a summarized
list of changes since version 2.0.16. For a full list of changes, please see
the ChangeLog file that is included with the source distribution.
* Separated out more of the UI independent code in the GTK+ and Text ports and
created a user interface common repository. Cleaned up some of the existing
GTK+ code. The GTK+ port can now be controlled from a command line interface
in the GUI. There is an option you have to enable in the options dialog for
this. (enable manual commands in GUI)
* Added support for the FTPS protocol. The control connection is the only
one encrypted at the moment.
* When viewing/editing a file, the temporary file that is created is created
with the same extension as the remote file so that syntax highlighting works
* File transfers can be resumed/skipped/overwritten in the text port and
whenever files are dropped on gftp in the GTK+ port.
* FTP: Added support for MVS directory listings
* FTP: Fix for FXP transfers
* SSH2: fix for resuming uploads
* Added option to show the transfer status in the title bar.
* Added option to disable IPV6 support.
* Fixed the wrong date being displayed when a file was modified last year
* 64 bit cleanups. This also fixed a SSH segfault that was happening on
* Look for the .gmo translation files in the proper directory
* If a bookmark-ed site has it's password saved in the config file, then the
passwords are written out in a scrambled format. This isn't secure, but
prevent someone from casually looking over your shoulder and seeing your
password. I still do not recommend saving your passwords to disk.
* Fix for systems that do not support the %'ld format argument
* The startup directory option is now expanded so that an option like
~/src can be specified
* New language translations and updates (ca cs de ga hr hu nl pt_BR sr sr@Latn
* Many other small changes and improvements. See the ChangeLog file in the
distribution for a detailed list of changes.
I would like to thank the following people that have contributed code to gFTP
Gwenole Beauchesne, Jamil Geor, Aurelien Jarno, Oliver Lehmann,
Hans-J?rgen Sch?ler, Nam SungHyun and Chelban Vasile
I would also like to thank the following people that have contributed
translations to gFTP since 2.0.16:
Danilo Ã~EÂ| egan, Vincent van Adrighem, Albert Astals Cid, Bernd Leibing,
Duarte Loreto, Alastair McKinstry, Robert Sedak, Francisco Javier F. Serrador,
Andras Timar, Miloslav Trmac, Murugapandian, Paisa Seeluangsawat,
JoÃ~CÂ£o Paulo Gomes Vanzuita, Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira
Also, thanks to everyone that has submitted bug reports or offered ideas for