[gftp] Re: gFTP: 2.0.16 has been released

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:12:33PM +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>
> > Hi Brian, hi List,
> >
> > Brian Masney wrote:
> >
> > > I am pleased to announce the availability of gFTP 2.0.16. Here is a
> > > list of changes since version 2.0.15:
> >
> > SSH/FTP:
> > When I try to transfer a file which currently exists on the remote
> > system, I'm geting the "Overwrite, Resume, Skip File" window where the
> > filesize and other details are listed. The listed sizes of the localy
> > stored and the remote stored files are everytime listed as "'ld". 'ld
> > seems to be a freaky size ;)
>
> That also happens in the normal filelisting dialog. All filesizes are
> listed as "'ld".

FreeBSD's libc must not support the %'ld printf modifier. In lib/misc.c, in
the function insert_commas() if _GNU_SOURCE is defined, then I use this printf
modifier. This will print a number in the users locale.  Otherwise, I use the
old one I wrote that always prints the numbers out in the format of xxx,xxx.
I'll add a configure check to see if printf supports the %'ld modifier.

About the SSH2 crash under FreeBSD, I never could duplicate that under Linux.
I have an Alpha with FreeBSD (4.7 I think). I'll get that machine out and see
if I can duplicate it on that box.

Brian