Re: [gftp] Status of development?

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 16:09 -0500, Anthony DiSante wrote:
> Here's my $0.02 from another gFTP user:
>
> > I feel that gftp holds a very important position not only as an ftp
> > program, but on a much larger scale as well: as far as I could find,
>
> I agree 100% there.
>
> > I'd like to start going through the gftp source and see if I can't patch
> > some of the bugs I run into -in an effort to keep things rolling.
>
> That would be great as far as I'm concerned.  I posted this half a year ago:
>
> [gftp] unanswered bug reports and RFEs:
> http://archives.seul.org/gftp/users/Mar-2005/msg00003.html
>
> My biggest issues are the permissions bug that prevents you from reading
> files unless you have write-access to them, and the fact that gFTP transfers
> much slower than other programs (the scp command, etc), over the exact same
> connection.  (These both have been reported multiple times.)
>
> --
> Anthony DiSante
> Encodable Industries
> http://encodable.com/

:) Thanks for the support Anthony. I'll see what I can do. I have to get
familiar with the code first (this coming week) and go through the bugs
posted in Bugzilla to see where I should start.

Thanks again guys. I hope my efforts will be helpful.

--
Patryk Januszewski

Developer
Information Technology Division