Re: Lebel to Hex Value, 1.2.1 out, Debian package out too

On 14/11/05, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The prefix is something like /usr or /usr/local or whatever. The DESTDIR
> variable tells where to install (as target) the generated files. You can
> have a look at debian/rules to figure out where DESTDIR is used, and to
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-modify.en.html#s-destdir

My hesitation is that DESTDIR is used on other OSes (such as FreeBSD),
but has slightly different semantics and rules (e.g. about the
trailing slash). I don't like relying on any particular environment
variable _not_ being defined.

Would it be easier just to add a simple install: section in debian/rules?

install:
        install -d $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin
        install -s src/graphthing $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin

There's really not that much to install for GraphThing, and this will
keep things cleaner.

Thoughts?

Dave.

--
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
  is no basis for a system of government."