Help on Installing Independence

OK guys & girls, I figure there must be at least a girl in this crowd.

I am getting ready to install Indy and I need some instructions on how to
do it.

I will perform a disk install so I have created the boot diskette, and
downloaded the file Independence.tgz I have then unziped the file using
winzip into a directory h:\Independence and now I have a directory called
h:\Independence\Indy\base & h:\Independence\Indy\instimage. Where should
the RPMS directory with all its files be? Note that I have all the files in
the directory RPMS already downloaded.

h:\Independence\Indy
h:\Independence\Indy\base
h:\Independence\Indy\instimage
h:\Independence\Indy\RPMS

or should I move everything to root level and have just the directories as:

h:\base
h:\instimage
h:\RPMS

In addition I have downloaded a file indy.tar.gz which as I understand it
contains the web site with all the links and my understanding is that this
needs to be for sure at the root level for the icons and links to work
properly. What should I do with this one? should I unzip it or just keep it
there for later use?

Am I correct so far?

If not what do I need to do differently? Can I make a bootable CD (with
NERO? I have never done one) or should I use the files on the hard disk?

I am using windows 98 and have two IDE hard disks. I will install Indy on a
separate hard disk with the second hard disk having the Indy files on it.
Can I have a partition on this one disk which will have all the files
separated into two partitions and do the installation like that?

Thanks in advance
Dinos

Maybe all of these have been answered in the past but I don't know that.
And since this distribution is supposed to be easy on the user I seem to be
having too many questions ...

Later