Re: LinNieghborhood 0.4.3

----- Original Message -----
From: JF Martinez <jfm2@club-internet.fr>
To: <independence-l@independence.seul.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: LinNieghborhood 0.4.3

> > However
> > for you
> > going
> > perspective on
> > how

> > up
It
> > would
> > for
> > > >
> > > I just want to comment here. I think this idea of Rogers is an
excelent
> > > one! When I have some spare time I will check with some of the high
> > > schools in my area and see if they would be interested in doing
> > > something like this. It would be a really cool project for some
students
> > > and provide a neat way of giving Indy users a overview of available
> > > software.
> > >
> > > Nice one Roger!!
> > >
> > > What do you think Jon?
> >
> > Well it indeed is a good idea. However I've run into some problems in
> > getting around to it in my school.   One, its not really my machine and
not
> > the only one using it. To do compare software might make some other
people
> > who used it a little annoyed.   Also because my admin doesn't linux he
> > basically gives us servers that he can't use anymore and we try to fix
em
> > up.  The one we have right now is pretty banged up however and we get
BIOS
> > errors and the cd-rom isn't working.  How fair a test site this would be
> > dunno.  Also its been having a lot of problems and we are probably going
> > do a reinstall, how it goes after that I let you know.
> >

> You don't give enough details but I would consider replacing the
> battery or the reader depending on the kind of errors you are getting.

Oh I wasn't looking for you to solve the problems just that to let you know
that our server is going to take time before I can test LinNeighborhood.
It's just an old junky server I don't know if anything really could fix it.
The Power Supply kinda looks shabby itself.  Don't Worry about it.

Attached is a sheet which is a beta of the version I'm goign to give to my
programming teacher to pass out to a Computer Science AP class, to try to
get more programmers as Mayue suggested, open forum for changes, comments,
suggestions and flames. :)

~Jon

Independence